Are You Looking For A New Electric Hot Water System?
Electric hot water systems are the hot water heater installed in most homes that do not have a gas supply readily available. Whywait Plumbing Services have been electric hot water systems specialists in installing and servicing all types and brands of electric hot water systems since 1976.
We have been your local, reliable and professional plumber for over 40 years, since 1976.
If you need to install one of our new electric hot water systems then we can help. Electric hot water systems come in a wide range of sizes and configurations so you will need assistance to make the choice that suits your home or business.
Get the Facts and Make the Right Choice on Electric Hot Water Systems
Electric hot water heaters are, in reality, hot water storage tanks. They are traditionally the most common form of heating hot water on the Gold Coast.
All electric hot water systems work in much the same way as an electric kettle. They have an element in the bottom of the tank that turns on whenever water is drawn off, or if the temperature drops below the thermostat setting.
If you have ever watched your electricity meter spin when you turn on your kettle you will know that this is by far the most expensive way to heat hot water.
Typically with electric hot water systems if the tank capacity is over 125 litres then you can connect to an off-peak electricity tariff. This means that electricity used by the hot water system will be charged at a lower rate.
Whilst off-peak electricity tariff’s make for a cost-effective solution it does come with some limitations. You do not have an unlimited supply of hot water as water is only heated at set times. If for some reason your demand for hot water increases there is always the possibility that you could run out of hot water.
Features & Benefits of Electric Water Systems
- Available in range of sizes – 25L, 50L, 80L, 125L, 160L, 250L, 315L & 400L
- Mains pressure – for hot water from multiple taps at the same time
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors installations
- Larger sizes are designed for off-peak energy rates
- Twin element models available
- Adjustable thermostat models available
- Warranty 7-10 years depending on Model
- 25L & 50L units fit in tight spaces such as under a kitchen bench
- Ideally suited for like for like replacement, reducing installation costs
At Whywait Plumbing know that everyone’s hot water needs are unique and the one size fits all approach does not work. With so many choices available you need to speak with one of our hot water specialists so you get the right advice.
Find out more about our Hot Water Systems Service.
Electric Water Heaters Are The Least Efficient Of All The Hot Water Systems Available. But They Are Still The Most Common Water Heater Installed
At Whywait Plumbing we install and maintain all electric storage heaters. The most commonly manufactured electric storage heaters are from brands such as Rheem, Dux, Vulcan, Aquamax and Rinnai.
There are still large numbers of Saxon storage heaters installed in homes but they are no longer manufactured and cannot be replaced in a like for like installation.
Installing A Replacement Electric Water Heater
When your existing electric storage heater is failing it tends to be very sudden whether it goes with a bang (usually an electrical fault or a blown valve) or a flood (usually a hole in the tank).
Whywait Plumbing installs like for like electric hot water systems or storage heater same day. We know when you are without hot water you want it back NOW.
When you need to replace your current electric hot water system fast we guarantee we will:
- dispatch a plumber same day to evaluate your existing storage tank
- size and recommend a suitable replacement with a recovery rate of heating the water matched to your family and lifestyle
- ensure that the replacement system is fully compliant with the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002 and that you have a Form 4 QBCC compliance certificate to protect your insurance coverage
- Above all, we will give you a range of fully costed solutions that are the guaranteed cost of doing the replacement before we commence any work.
Call us today at Whywait Plumbing for more help with all your next Electric Hot Water Systems requirements. Call (07) 5580 4311 today