We Guarantee To Clear Your Blocked Toilet Fast As They Are Always An Inconvenience
Call us now (07) 5580 4311 to get your blocked toilet is cleared fast.
We know if you are experiencing a blocked toilet it is much more than an inconvenience which is why we treat them as a priority.
In reality, any blockage to a toilet is an unhygienic health hazard, especially if sewage is overflowing onto your floor.
At Whywait we understand having your toilet fully functioning is a priority that must happen today.
Every blocked drain or toilet is treated as urgent by Whywait Plumbing.
It is very seldom that a blocked toilet clear itself. This is why a call to Whywait Plumbing will ensure our plumbing technicians come fully equipped to clear your blocked toilet and clean up upon completion.
Why Do Toilets Become Blocked?
A blocked toilet is usually a localised blockage within the toilet pan and the drain connection to the toilet. The five most common reasons for a blocked toilet are:
- too much toilet paper trying to be flushed away
- attempting to flush away in the toilet
- children dropping toys and other foreign objects into the toilet
- trying to flush away disposable baby nappies
- faulty valves in toilet cistern not allowing enough water to be flushed
Remember that a toilet is designed purely to flush away toilet paper, urine and faeces and nothing else.
What Do You Do If You Have a Blocked Toilet?
The first thing to do when you discover a blocked toilet is turn off the water to the toilet cistern. Do not keep trying to flush the toilet as it will just make the toilet bowl overflow all over your floor.
If you have a plunger at home for plumbing emergencies, then you can try to clear the blockage by vigorous plunging.
Plunging a toilet is not hard if you have the stomach for it. To plunge your toilet you should do the following:
- insert the plunger into the toilet until you feel it seal across the toilet pan outlet
- carefully raise the plunger up and down against the outlet creating resistance
- plunge up and down about ten times and then remove the plunger to see if the water begins to drain away
- if the water level has not dropped to the normal level begin another ten plunges
If the plunging does not work then its time to contact Whywait Plumbing so call now (07) 5580 4311 to get your toilet professionally unblocked and checked for the reasons why you are experiencing a blocked toilet.