Quantum Heat Pump Hot Water | Gold Coast
For energy and environmentally conscious homeowners like you, a solar hot water system is a wise and increasingly popular choice.
But not all solar systems are the same, and nothing demonstrates that better than heat pump solar hot water heaters.
At Whywait, we install, maintain, and repair the longest established Australian manufacturer on the market: Quantum.
Quantum is Australia’s leading manufacturer of advanced renewable solar energy hot water, pool and building heating products.
Here are the primary benefits of and differences between a Quantum heat pump system and a conventional flat panel-type solar hot water system such as those manufactured by Solahart:
- The Quantum system does not rely on direct sunlight for its operation. Due to its advanced
design the unit will produce hot water in all weather conditions, even at night…the system absorbs
heat energy from the environment.
- Since there are no panels, there’s no risk of winter time frost damage, which means a longer system lifespan. The system also can’t be damaged by hail.
- The Quantum can be located in any external location around the building. It doesn’t need to
face north like conventional flat plate systems.
- The system’s hot water storage tank is installed at ground level, thereby providing ease of maintenance while not adding weight to the roof.
- Your home will look better without the unsightly panels and frames that are part of a conventional solar system.
- The evaporator coil on the Quantum Compact is specially coated to protect it from corrosion, which helps to keep your Quantum running at peak efficiency over its long operational life.
- The Quantum heat pump costs less to run, too. That’s because it has no gas or electric “booster element” in the tank as required in conventional flat plate solar units or in Rheem or Dux heat pump systems. As the Quantum does not require roof panels to be installed, the installation process is far less costly and time consuming.
Long Expected Lifespan, Great Warranties, and More.
Your Quantum heat pump system has a project lifespan of 12-15 years, but with regularly system maintenance from your friends at Whywait, it can last even longer.
Your purchase includes a 5-year warranty on the water tank and integral condenser, plus a 2-year warranty
on the electrical & refrigeration components. Both warranties include parts and labour.
Other system features include:
- The system won’t freeze in the winter and can’t overheat in the summer as the thermostat is programmed to remain at 60°C.
- In energy savings alone, your system will pay for itself, on average, within 3 – 5 years.
- There are 3 tank sizes to choose from to best suit your hot water consumption needs: 150, 270 & 340 litres.
- Commercial systems are manifolded together to give any combination of storage capacity desired.
- By its wise use of electricity, Quantum heat pump systems help combat greenhouse effects by using as little as one quarter of the energy required to heat water when compared to conventional electric water heaters.
- Quantum heat pump systems are eligible for the Small Scale Renewable Energy Scheme and the awarding of Small Scale Technology Certificates or STC’s and are given as a point of sale discount by Whywait.
Whywait & Quantum: A Winning & Cost-Effective Combination.
For more information on how you can use the sun’s power to heat your water more efficiently, contact Whywait today. We are you hot water specialists, and can answer all your questions to help you make the right decision…and that goes for all your plumbing needs!
Gold Coast & Tweed: (07) 5580 4311